Artink Collective, 823A Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M6G 1M1
Phone: (416) 238-2156 Email: email@example.com
Tattoo After Care
What you should do:
- Keep your bandage on for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Remove your bandage gently. If the bandage is stuck to your tattoo you can remove it gently under running water which will help to reduce the risk of damaging your tattoo.
- We recommend washing your tattoo with unscented mild soap. You can do this by wetting the tattoo and lathering the soap on your hands before lightly washing your tattoo. Do NOT scrub.
- Always gently pat your tattoo dry and leave it to air for 48 hours while it continues to heal.
- Apply unscented waterbased dry skin lotion to the tattoo 1-2 times a day.
- Lotion should be applied for the first two weeks while your tattoo is healing. You only require a thin layer. Avoid using excessive lotion as it can cause additional scabbing.
- Do not pick or scratch at your tattoo while it is in it's "flaking" stage. This is normal so let your skin peel naturally.
- If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact your artist.
- If your tattoo becomes red and irritated contact your doctor within 48 hours.
- Do not rebandage the tattoo once the bandage has come off.
- Allow direct sunlight on tattoo for first 2-3 weeks.
- Pick or scratch tattoo while it is peeling.
- Swim, take a bath, or enter a hot tub or sauna until your tattoo has completely healed.
- Shave or wax the area until tattoo is completely healed.
- Apply Vaseline (petroleum jelly), alcohol, healing ointments (polysporin) or sun block to fresh tattoo.
- It is your responsibility to take proper care of your tattoo.
- Allow your tattoo to breathe as it will help with healing.
- If possible, avoid tight restrictive clothing until your tattoo is healed.
What you shouldn't do: