Artink Collective, 823A Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M6G 1M1
Phone: (416) 238-2156 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Piercing After Care
- Always wash your hands prior to touching/cleaning your piercing.
- Mix 1tsp of non-iodized sea salt with 1 cup of warm water and soak your piercing until the water is cold. Rinse with saline solution.
- After soaking, use cotton balls, Q-tips or gauze, to clean any ‘crusties’ away from the piercing. Clean several times a day until piercing is completely healed.
- Avoid using products marked “For External Use Only” including but not limited to the following: Provon, Rubbing Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Bactine, Ear Care Solutions, Antibacterial products (e.g. Liquid Dial, Softsoap, Neosporin), Petroleum-Based ointment, Betadine, Hibiclens.
- Avoid moving the jewelry back & forth as it can pull bacteria into the piercing.
- Avoid playing with new piercings as a physical irritation can occur. If clothing is to be in contact or over the piercing, try to wear clean, loose and breathable clothes.
- If your piercing becomes red or irritated, consult your doctor within 48 hours.
- If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.